September 8, 2011

Do Make Say Think

Sites like Instructables, and Design Sponge are my morning bread and butter that get me motivated for the day. I visit the sites regularly scoping out the latest and greatest from the DIY online community. They’re a great place to start when researching for a new project.
Youtube is especially helpful. I was able to teach myself crochet, knitting and tatting just from these amazingly helpful tutorials. As well as textiles, I really enjoy casting, sculpting, doodling, baking pies. I get a great feeling when I make somethings myself. The result isn't always pretty, but the challenge is the best part. 

I have a large folder of bookmarked DIY tutorials that I like to dive into once in a while. Inspired by Karyn's "My Crafty List of Things To Do" over at Make Something.ca. I've decided to start my own project list to help trim down the folder size - but mostly to give myself the extra reminder that they are there, waiting for me to make them.
And also, I'll be making posts as I cross things off the list!

Here are some gems I found floating around in there. Found over at Instructables.com


by Imnopeas

by skymring


Links:
Here is a list with some of my favourite DIY/Tutorial sites. 
- ECAB online

Happy crafting!